Local People. Powerful Solutions.
Brown & Brown of Lehigh Valley is one of the largest providers of Municipal Insurance in Pennsylvania. We provide insurance and risk management services to over 100 municipalities in Central and Eastern Pennsylvania including the Lehigh Valley. We have access to various markets with leading insurance companies specializing in municipal-risks including, but not limited to: cities, counties, boroughs, townships, municipal water and sewer authorities, and regional police departments. We support many county and state associations through membership, educational seminars, and frequent exhibition at the various organizations’ annual conventions. The experience and knowledge of our teammates enables us to be familiar with a full range of coverages, claim scenarios, and risk management issues for municipalities. Our office specializes in providing municipal operations with claim management services, loss control services, and safety services, in addition to delivering cost-savings at renewal. Our broad niche expertise in the municipal arena has even allowed us to procure economical insurance solutions for municipalities with unique exposures such as recreation centers, golf courses, mechanical rides, fireworks and special events.
We provide solutions for the insurance issues facing municipalities today
- Affordable Workers Compensation with the potential to receive dividends
- Assistance in establishing a Workers Compensation safety committee to receive a 5% reduction (a credit) on your workers’ compensation cost
- Provide access to several exclusive programs for municipalities, with the ability to offer preferred pricing in certain situations
- Deliver Health Insurance and other Group Benefits
- Access to additional economical insurance programs for high-risk and/or loss sensitive municipalities, which have faced steady increases in pricing over the years
- Deliver the most comprehensive and economical insurance options through the use of standard guaranteed cost plans, group-purchasing agreements, and dividend-option arrangements
- Provide long-term cost stabilization to help our customers forecast their insurance expense and budget accordingly
- Educate our customers on industry changes, trends, and emerging claim scenarios
- Provide bench-marking information on a wide-range of metrics to evaluate your municipality relative to your peers
- Deliver a customized suite coverage tailored to the unique exposures of your municipality, including, but not limited to the following lines of coverage:
Package (Property and Liability)
Public Officials Liability
Crime (Employee Dishonesty, Computer Fraud, etc.)
- Implement specific measures to reduce and control Workers Compensation costs
- Frequent service calls throughout the year to address changes and/or questions.
- Attendance at board meetings to address insurance issues as needed.
- Appraisals of buildings to estimate replacement cost.
- On site Risk Management courses to reduce injury and liability.
- Periodic review of claims to highlight potential problem areas.
- A semi-annual meeting with all our municipalities to discuss key concerns and find ways to reduce premium cost.
- Offering of classes in insurance basics and Errors and Omissions liability to better educate our customers. Assist with setting up a Workers Compensation safety committee to obtain an annual credit of 5%.
- Provide Motor Vehicle reports on drivers.
- Comparison of current coverages to available coverages.
- Bid spec review for contract work.
- Defensive driving analysis.
- Pre-Unit report analysis.
- Renewal Marketing Analysis.
Speak with one of our Brown & Brown Advisors.
Introducing Cyber Liability Insurance With Exclusive Features
With Brown & Brown of Lehigh Valley you get more than a policy, you get a dedicated Brown & Brown Advisor and that makes all the difference.
Built to Last. ™
There is hardly a business, industrial or professional insurance situation that has not presented itself to Brown & Brown of Lehigh Valley – our commercial customers include General Business and Construction, Health and Human Services (including Child Welfare and Schools), Transportation and Towing, Community Associations, Governmental Entities, and Religious Institutions. And on a more personal note, insurance is available for your home and autos, recreational vehicles and watercraft, fine art, jewelry and other collectables.