“We take an aggressive approach towards safety by investing our time and providing solutions to help our customers achieve measurable results”
Our investment of time and professional skill to fully analyze and understand your concerns, your business and business culture, and your operations and safety practices leads to an understanding and recognition of typical hazards and uncovers hidden exposures not generally considered in your safety plan.
Upcoming 2020 Webinars
April 6th @ 10 AM – 11 AM
Safety Committee Certification
Course Description: Is your organization forming a new safety committee or does your committee need annual certification training? This webinar meets the requirements necessary to fulfill your certification obligations as required by the State of Pennsylvania Department of Labor. Not located in PA? That’s okay! This course will provide any safety committee with a basic understanding of the following principles: Committee Formation & Structure, Hazard Identification, Accident Investigation, Substance Abuse Awareness & Prevention, Tips to Survive a Department of Labor Audit, and How to Apply for or Renew the PA 5% Safety Credit.
April 20th @ 10 AM – 11 AM
Fire Safety Training
Course Description: In this webinar, we will go back to the basics to learn how fires start and how to identify potential hazards that may lead to a fire. You will learn how to plan ahead and develop well thought-out, organized fire safety procedures. We will also examine the different classes of fire and the appropriate response, as well as how to use and inspect portable fire extinguishers.
May 4th @ 10 AM – 11 AM
Hazard Communications Training
Course Description: Think this doesn’t apply to you? Think again! Make sure your company is in full compliance with OSHA’s standard on Hazardous Chemicals. This course will review the standard, define GHS, examine chemical safety, and discuss physical & health hazards, as well as personal protective equipment. At the end of the course, your employees will be able to interpret the new GHS formatted labels and navigate the 16 sections of the new Safety Data Sheets. We will also review the 9 standard pictograms and provide you with an overview of the NFPA 704 classification system.
Once the analysis is completed, we will deliver solid customized strategies to assist you in achieving your objectives and to enable monitors to help assure success longitudinally. We will help you improve your bottom line.
Incidents, Accidents, and Losses cost you time and money. Our job is to discover and then help you attack the real reasons bad things happen to good organizations.
- Together We must invest our skills and analytic ability to find out where unmanaged exposures exist.
- Together We can find the best solution to manage those exposures.
- Together We will develop methods and procedures to implement key strategies to manage your exposures.
- Together We Can Control Your Losses.
- On-Site Safety and Risk Management Assessment.
- Development of a Comprehensive Risk Management Plan.
- Compliance and Accreditation Based Physical Plant Inspections.
- Development of an Individualized Safety and Risk Management Manual.
- Aggressive Claims Management.
- Mentoring for Your Safety Officer and/or Risk Manager.
- Develop Internal Controls to Minimize Losses.
- Development of a Workers’ Compensation Risk Management Program.
- Customize Training Programs, such as Ethical Boundaries, Sexual Harassment and Cultural Competence, Safety Committee Development and Training, Defensive Driving, Clinical Systems Risk Management.
- Custom-Tailored Risk Management/Loss Control Programs to Fit Your Organizations Unique Needs.
- Quality and Timely Risk Assessment and Loss Prevention Services.
- Wide Range of Products and Safety Resources.
- Risk Management/Loss Control Information Line.
- Safety and Health VHS and DVD Lending Library – free checkouts of the following videos (those marked with the * are on VHS, all others are on DVD):
- Accident Reporting*
- Active Shooter: Surviving an Attack
- A Practical Approach to Ladder Safety
- Back Basics – Back Injury Prevention (Healthcare)
- Back Safety
- Back Safety for Home Care Workers*
- Best’s Loss Control Manual
- Bloodborne Pathogens: Bloodbug Barriers*
- Bloodborne Pathogens for the Workplace*
- Distracted Driving – NEW!
- Effective Safety Committees*
- Emotional Wreck
- Evaluating Near Misses*
- Fire Extinguishers*
- Fire Prevention in the Office
- Fire Safety: Everyone’s Job
- First Aid: Until Help Arrives
- Forklift Safety*
- Hazard Communication: A Healthy Responsibility*
- Healthcare Safety Orientation*
- Healthcare Violence*
- Heat Stress *
- Home Health Safety Orientation*
- Home Healthcare Violence: Be Smart, Be Safe*
- How to Prevent Slips and Falls*
- Human Behavior – Reducing Unsafe Acts*
- Injuries and Illness Prevention Plans*
- Introduction to Fall Production
- Introduction to Special Education Bus Driving
- Investigating Accidents*
- It’s Your Back, Don’t Break It: Back Safety for Home Health*
- Job Safety Hazards – Quick Clip
- Lifting Patients from Beds*
- Lockout / Tagout*
- Lockout / Tagout of Energy Sources
- Machine Guarding – NEW!
- Office Ergonomics*
- Overexertion: Injury Prevention*
- Poisonous Plant Safety*
- Powered Pallet Jack Safety*
- Preventing Bloodborne Pathogens
- Preventing Disease Transmission*
- Preventing Sexual Harassment – Employees*
- Preventing Sexual Harassment – Managers & Supervisors*
- Pro Active Safety – The Total Quality Approach*
- Right to Know for Home Care Workers*
- Safety in the Kitchen
- Safety Matters*
- Safety Wise Guys: Fire Safety
- Sexual Harassment in Healthcare: New Perspectives*
- Sexual Harassment in Healthcare: New Perspectives
- Slips, Trips & Falls – NEW!
- Slips, Trips, and Falls, Real-Life
- Slips, Trips, and Falls: Taking the Right Steps
- Snowplow Safety on the Road
- Steps for Safe Lifting and Carrying*
- Think Safe: Home Security*
- Transporting Passengers with Special Needs*
- Tuberculosis Awareness*
- Winning Workforce: Sexual Harassment
- Workplace Violence
Speak with one of our Brown & Brown Advisors.
Built to Last. ™
There is hardly a business, industrial or professional insurance situation that has not presented itself to Brown & Brown of Lehigh Valley – our commercial customers include General Business and Construction, Health and Human Services (including Child Welfare and Schools), Transportation and Towing, Community Associations, Governmental Entities, and Religious Institutions. And on a more personal note, insurance is available for your home and autos, recreational vehicles and watercraft, fine art, jewelry and other collectables.